Friday, January 2, 2009

Conflict of Interest


Okay, it's Bowl Season people!! I've been living in heaven for the last week and a half. First Christmas and then started the College Football Bowl Season!! This is a time of utter joy and fulfillment. I get to sit and watch college football all day if I feel like it....well, except if my Dad yells at me from the top of the stairs to do something outside, then I go arunning. Anyway, different story for a different blog. Back to the subject at hand. Today is the Sugar Bowl. Usually one of the most talked-up bowl games of the season. This year though, I seem to be torn once again. Do I cheer for Utah or Alabama. I attend the University of Utah, but I like big East coast schools (except Florida, deffinately don't like Florida). Also there's the conflict that they both wear Red! All my life I've cheered for teams that sport the Blue hue...Tyler's little league KC Royals, my little league Rockies, the Sky View Bobcats in High School, the occasional USU Aggies, and all through the years the true Blue BYU Cougars (a moment of silence for the Vegas Bowl...cry cry.). So when it comes to cheering for a team that wears red I just can't do it. The rival Red Sox in little league, the Logan Grizzlies in High School, and the most recent Utah Utes....I just can't get myself to cheer for someone wearing red, call me crazy, but I just can't do it. It feels like drinking Pepto Bismal, it might help in the very very very long run, but it's nothing I'd do willingly. So today is a day of reconning, a day to decide, do I really want to cheer for anyone wearing red? And then I realize, I won't have to, Utah is most likely going to be blown out anyway so Alabama doesn't need my cheers...problem solved.

1 comment:

Amber Lee said...

Cob, I just read this and I must agree my heart still aches from the sad sad sadddddd game the Cougs had against UofA. You would think my Coug's could dominate the Wildcats who I dislike with a passion.But it looks like the Utes are on a roll this year. Don't worry we will still win the Deseret Duel this year :)