Sunday, February 7, 2010

And the prodigal son returns...


Wow, talk about a "blog drought", it's been so long since I've written that I forgot my password and stuff...that's embarrasing. Anyway, I was just bored and thought I'd take it up again...not that my life is any more interesting or exciting in any way, I'm still really lame. I do however have a pretty funny storry to tell. It's about wedding planning. You heard it, wedding planning. If you haven't heard (which is probably the case, because apparently I even forgot to tell close relatives...my bad) I'm now engaged to be married...weird I know...but it's true! Anyway, back to the story. So Leisa (my better half) takes me along to talk with the caterer. We show up all ready to be wowed with their selection. Only one small problem however. I didn't understand half of what they were talking about. I mean, I remember when I was a greeny in the mission field learning spanish. People would jabber at me in spanish and I just had to smile and nod because didn't knwo if they were complimenting me or offending my honor. I felt the same way when the caterer (or the "Food Dude" as I call them) started spoutin off food names, exotic breads and cheeses, varieties of salads (in my mind, "there's more than one kind of salad?"), and the list goes on!! The best part is that after all the jiberish had escaped, Leisa and her mom look at me and ask, "Well, what sounds good to you Coby?" Stunned silence ensued...still ensuing...still ensuing...just breath Coby, you'll be okay, just wing it and they'll never know. So with all the quick whit I could muster I graciously offer my opinion on the matter, "That sounds tastey." Yeah, way to go Coby, should I start digging your grave now or do you want to do it yourself? Leisa hits me in the arm and tells me to act my age and her mom just rolls her eyes with the look of "Oh, what a typical guy." Not good Cob, not good at all. So I've come to a conlcusion as of late. After experiencing the caterer and the cake decorator the night before, I've decided that if a guy is going to venture into the exciting world of wedding plans you gotta do you homework!!! If not, it's like walking into a tigers den with nothing but a cattle prod, it's just gonna cause more raucous. So get online, study a little, get yourself informed!!! Because I'm here to warn you that if you don't, you'll end up like me, with a sore arm and injured pride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, its a miracle. you are alive. i cant belive it. i had forgotten you had a blog. wow, again. now you need to keep it up. you will have more and more exciteing things to post because you are going to be hitched. we are so excited for you. we really like leisa the few times we have met her. good choice. she will make you better in so many ways, i know i had to pop your bubble. you arent perfect coby. haha. anyway. you need to come over sometime. love ya tons. hugs and kisses. see you this weekend. we are excited to be with the entire family after a very very very long time. yippy
ccatamayo family