Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Bathroom

Well, the first blog....what shall I write about. Aha! We'll start basic. One of the most basic functions of life...the bathroom. See I live in a house with 12 people (6 guys 6 girls) and....drum role please.....2 bathrooms! Well, if you haven't already gasped in disbelief, you're timing is off, because I'll let you in on a little secret: 2 BATHROOMS IS NOT ENOUGH FOR 12 PEOPLE! This morning I woke up bright and early at 9:30, confident that I would have more than enough time to shower and get ready before my ride (aka my mom) came to pick me up for a baby blessing. Oh how I was wrong. Ihad flashbacks to all the "running of the bulls" clips I've ever seen on TV. As soon as one person even thinks about using the bathroom everyone else makes a mad dash for it. And I always manage to get the memo last. I had to wait 2 hours to even manage a shower (with cold water I might add). In the meantime and I managed to read two articles on the church website, clip my fingernails, and even resorted to organizing my desk for the hundreth time (Heidi, you would be proud). So after an extreme-makeover desk edition, a little lite reading with Neal A. Maxwell (aka read with a dictionary and a thesaurus), a personal manecure, and helping an old guy find the married-student housing (buddy you should have graduated a long time ago!), I finally made it. Memo to self, taking a shower is never a gimme. Oh and another amazing thing about our bathroom is that a girl lives just to the right of it! Yeah, that's not akward walking into the bathroom and seeing a member of the opposite gender watching you go into the bathroom. "Hey how you doin'?! I'm just gonna use the bathroom right now, hope you don't mind." Well let me tell you, it's very weird.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the funniest thing I have ever read! Way to blog, you're a good blogger(Is that a word?).

Brad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brad said...

ey man, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I find it pretty fun. Keep in touch bro!

amber or tyler said...

okay, I know you can do better than that, you took AP english for petes sake and I've read your poetry work! Come on, lay it on me bro, SHOW ME WHAT YOUR MADE OF. and hey, what happen to keeping it between you and I?

Coby Price said...

I was just going to keep it private but my buddy told me I should let everyone read it. We'll see how it goes for a little while then I might close it down.

Dearsarah said...

I feel your pain!!! Lived with six girls and one bathroom! :) Don't even want to imagine double that! :)