Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Man Hands


Okay, MEN, today's topic is of extreme importance. With the whole world preaching acceptance and tolerance, sometimes it takes it tooooooo far. Hands are a very simple thing. We use them every day as tools, implements of the human life with which we sculpt of our lives out of the clay God gave us. That's what they are, and that's what they should remain, tools. Especially for men. It seems that the world today has confused the word tool for a-soft-squishy-delicate thing. Sitting in chemistry lecture the kid sitting next to my friend (who is female), held up his hands and tried to show off that his hands and fingernails were in better shape than my friend's (which they were sadly). Okay, I draw the line right there. First, if I had girly hands (no offense Dallon), I wouldn't brag about it. Men's hands should be just that, MAN HANDS!! Personally I am very proud of my hands. Ask anyone and they'll tell you I have "old-man hands" or "wrinkly man hands", BUT THEY'RE STILL MAN HANDS, full of calloses, scares, and character. Granted I take care of them so I don't look like Wolverine with foot long nails, but I couldn't care less if my cuticles are dry and flaky or that my skin isn't nice and soft. That's what girls do, and so should it be. Women are genetically and characteristically softer, more docile creatures, which can be expressed through their nicely soft and oft-times nicely smelling hands (that's my personal favorite ;) ). BUT AS MEN OUR HANDS ARE OUR TOOLS!!! A saw blade that is nice and soft can't do squat except mess up the job you're doing. So this is a clarion call to every male within sound range. KEEP YOUR MAN HANDS, DON'T SUCCOM TO THE WORLD!! Go out and rub them on the cement if you have to, anything, but don't let them turn into the completely useless butterfingers that the world wants. If you can't tell, I feel extremely pastionate about this subject. VIVE LAS MANOS DURAS!!!

1 comment:

amber or tyler said...

Amen brotha! a man should have hands that can't be mistaken for a womens hand.